Thanks to Patty from Patty’s Epiphanies blog for nominating JWS Interiors/Affordable Luxury for the Liebster Award. Always nice when a fellow blogger enjoys your work!
The rules are as follows:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asks and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Choose 11 people with under 200 followers to nominate and link to them.
4. Go to their pages and let them know. (no tag backs)
Here are Patty’s questions for me:
1. What is your passion in life.
My passion in life is my family first and foremost, and then my business & blog. I think of myself as one of those people who try to live life to the fullest. Every day is a gift. Interior design has been a part of me since I was a child. To me, designing my clients’ spaces is not work. I gladly stay up late each and every night reading up on the latest and greatest in design, doing client work, researching new blogs and just enjoying beautiful spaces.
2. Who influenced you .
As a kid, it was innate in me to redecorate, move around my bedroom furniture, make my bed “just right.” As an adult, I love designers such as Kelly Wearstler, Tobi Fairley, Nate Berkus, Katie Ridder. Each has their own “take” on design.
3. Why did you start writing a blog
I started writing my blog to share my ideas, client work, and beautiful spaces by other designers. I also thought it was a great way to help garner new client work and add a new facet to my business.
4. Are you a morning or a night person
I’m a morning person. I don’t mind getting up early and starting the day off happy with my two girls, a cup of coffee and a little design reading!
5. What is your favorite color
My favorite color changes! Really! It used to be chocolate brown. Right now its fuchsia!
6. What room do you “live” in
I’d have to say my office! Its black walls, hot pink art and turquoise lamps give me energy since the rest of my home is all neutral.
7. Are you a “Gold” or “Silver” Girl
Generally silver, but at the moment, gold. Gold is back in a great way!
8. Would you prefer to spend your vacation in the mountains or at the beach
Hands down the beach. It also gives me a reason to buy a new swimsuit!
9. What part of the world would you most want to visit
I’ve always wanted to go to Japan.
10. Coffee or Tea
Prefer Coffee, but I also like tea
11. Do you still wear a wrist watch
No. Sadly, I rely on my iPhone.
Tomorrow, I will be sharing the blogs I am nominating! Stay tuned!..